By using any of TPBC’ registered websites (“Sites”), you are agreeing to be bound by this Policy in respect of the information collected about you via the Sites. You acknowledge and agree (on your own behalf and duly authorised on behalf of any third party whose details you supply) that the processing (including disclosure) of information is necessary or desirable for the provision of relevant services and the operation of TPBC’s performance of its rights and obligations owed to you or the third party.
The references to information “relating to you” or “about you” include references to information about your employees, representatives, agents, directors, officers, or relevant parties whose details you have provided, and those of your affiliates and subsidiaries and sub-contractors, and those of any third party whose details you supply to TPBC.
We work hard to respect and maintain personal privacy and accordingly align this policy with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“PDPA”) when collecting, holding, processing or using personal data in Singapore. We are equally committed in ensuring that all our employees and agents uphold these obligations.
Collection of Information
The information we collect depends upon your interaction with us. When you contact us with an inquiry via email or through our website, we collect the Personal Information necessary to respond to your request. If you choose to apply to become an TPBC member, we collect the Personal Information necessary for us to complete your application, including payment card information necessary to process activities fees.
Use of Information
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalise your experience (Your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs.) We use the Personal Information you provide us to respond to your inquiries, to complete your TPBC membership application, administer TPBC membership benefits and access to member-only pages on our Website.
- To improve our Sites (We continually strive to improve our offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.)
- To improve customer service (Your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.)
- To process transactions. We use payment card information you provide us in conjunction with your membership enrolment and any other online transactions through our website to process payments for the applicable fees or dues.
- To administer contests, promotions, surveys and / or other features of the Sites
- To send periodic emails (The email address you provide may be used to send you information and updates on TPBC’ conferences, seminars or events. If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails on the particular TPBC’ event, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.)
- We may also contact you by any means of communication for which you have given us contact details, including email, telephone, and post, for the purpose of getting your feedback or for providing you with information that we believe could be of interest to you or your organisation.
- On occasion, we may use third-party agents and service providers to assist us in the use of your data as outlined above. TPBC shares Personal Information and Browsing Information we collect about you with third parties who perform services for us as part of the services we provide you through our Website. We use third parties to host our Website and data, send emails, print and send documents and mailings, process payment card transactions, and to analyse Website usage. We share Browsing Information with select third parties, including our Website analytics provider through internet cookies.
- On rare occasions, we may be required to disclose your Personal Information and/or Browsing Information to government authorities if we are forced to as required by law and as necessary to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process served on us.
- In the event that TPBC, or substantially all of TPBC’s assets are sold, or TPBC reorganizes or merges into another organization, then customer information, including Personal Information would be transferred to the subsequent organization.
- We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your submitted information. All supplied credit card information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our Payment gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorised with special access rights to such systems.
- Your information will not be sold or given to any other third party person or company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than the express purpose of delivering the product or service requested.
Cookies & Google Analytics
- All TPBC sites use Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses “cookies”, which are text files placed on your computer to help the website analyse how users use the website.
Do Not Track
- There are several internet web browsers that offer a “do not track” option that relies upon technology known as a DNT header, which sends a signal to websites visited by a user about the user’s “do not track” preference setting. Our website service provider does not currently commit to responding to “do not track” signals from browsers as it pertains to the Website.
Permission to film onsite at TPBC or any other event venue hosted by TPBC must be obtained and / or authorised prior to the event by Tai Pei Buddhist Centre 大悲佛教中心 (“TPBC”). Please note that TPBC reserves the absolute right to grant or deny permission to film and to determine the terms under which filming will be permitted.
Policy on Information Belonging to Minor Children
We ask that you not send or otherwise disclose to us, any sensitive Personal Information, including any information related to your racial, ethnic origin, political opinion, religion, or other beliefs, sexual orientation, health or medical condition, or criminal background on or through the Website or in any communications you send to us.
Updating of Information
We aim to keep our information about you as accurate as possible. If you would like to update your details, please contact us at email@example.com .
Retention of Information
TAI PEI BUDDHIST CENTRE
2, Lavender Street, Singapore 338823
Tel: 62983343 Fax: 62918859
Mon – Fri: 10am – 9pm
Sat: 10am – 6pm
Sun: 9am – 6pm
DATE: 1 Aug 2021