大悲院

TPYT

Tai Pei Yuen Temple

TPYT

缘起

旧名观音楼,位于惹兰甘马挽七号、占地二万四千尺。住持为法坤法师。远在一九三八年,由法坤法师之萱堂周秀琼居士创建。

初创时仅两间木板屋,内供奉观音像。周居士西逝后,法坤法师继承母志,住持寺院。

后感木板屋年久失修,不耐风雨,逐于一九六四年十月,发心重建。幸得信众拥戴,前后历时三载,於一九六七年二月落成,并易名大悲院。

Origin

Tai Pei Yuen Temple, formerly known as Kuan Yin Lodge, is located at 7 Jalan Kemaman, off Balestier Road. It has a land area of 24,000 square feet.

Venerable Fatt Kuan is the Chief Abbess of the temple.Venerable Fatt Kuan’s mother, Madam Chow Siew Keng in 1938, founded Kuan Yin Lodge. Back then the temple consisted of two wooden houses and one Kuan Yin Statue. It was after the death of her mother that Venerable Fatt Kuan took over the reins at the temple.

Due to the run-down state of the Kuan Yin Lodge, it was torn down in 1961, and a new temple was finally completed after 3 years, in October 1964. The temple was given the new name of Tai Pei Yuen Temple.

每月初一及十五日
Lunar day 1 & 15

华严法会
The Hua-yen Sutra

新春团拜
Lunar Luck turn

Share This